Monday, August 17, 2009


Brooke helping Papa pick green beans.
Beets are next.

A few years ago Keith
'planted the seed' to have my Dad possibly start a vegetable garden again so that Brooke could participate in the growing of vegetables....well, my Dad ended up planting all the seeds and has harvested so many vegetables and I think the only participating we are doing is in eating all of them. Brooke did help plant some seeds one year and we have all helped make strawberry jam too! Nothing like fresh veggies and home-made food!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful!! We've done a garden for the first time this year and are already eating zucchini! I love knowing where my food is coming from!
    I've been picking fruit as well and actually canned some jam with a friend. A lot more difficult than freezer jam!

    I just realized that I forgot to put your website into my Google Reader, so I'm catching up on all your posts! I'm soo glad you started a blog! Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening certainly brings back a lot of memories for me too. Fresh veggies are always the best!

    ReplyDelete